Friday, March 4, 2011

Character & Shaped Cakes

Character cakes are so much fun to make & children (& adults) love them! Wilton makes some awesome character cake pans. The cakes are just a single layer cake (without a filling) and are covered in buttercream icing (with your choice of flavor). The possibilities are unlimited with these cake pans. Here are some of the ones that I've made.

The first shaped cake I did. A flower for my niece's 2nd birthday! Chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting & buttercream icing for the decorating.


This was a cake for my fiance's birthday. Chocolate cake with chocolate & vanilla buttercream icing.

A chocolate cake with cream cheese icing & vanilla buttercream. This was made for a friends birthday.

My daughter's dedication cake. Lemon with vanilla buttercream.

This year's Valentine's Day cake! Chocolate with vanilla buttercream icing.

Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment