Thursday, February 16, 2012

May The Force Be With You

This was another fun cake to make - but I say that about all my cakes! It was a birthday cake for a little boy who turned 6 this week. He loves Star Wars & his mom asked me if I could make a Star Wars cake. I knew I could & since I have that fun 3D teddy bear pan I knew I could make a 3D Yoda for the top.

Since it was his 6th birthday I made the bottom layer looking like the desert - a sandy color - like the scene in the 6th Star Wars movie. I put a bunch of characters on it. It took me longer to Google each character to find pictures of them than it did to decorate the cake. I'm so clueless when it comes to Star Wars & I'm so thankful for Google. It's amazing how when you put in "tall mean Star Wars Teddy Bears" you get Wookies & when you put in "tall Gold Guy in Star Wars" you get C-P3O (I think that's his name). It was fun.

The two round cakes are marble cake & the Yoda is vanilla pound. All the decorations are done in buttercream. Fondant would have been a cleaner look but a lot of children don't care for fondant so I decided to not go that route.

Marble Batter





No comments:

Post a Comment